Friday, March 2, 2012

Blingy Bling

Linking up with Amy for Show Off Your Bling!


I'm not a big jewelry person. My engagement & wedding rings are usually all I accessorize with on a daily basis. I feel like that diamond is all i need (although I'm sure if I could afford more I would wear them too!) Most of the time I'll wear simple earrings, sometimes a necklace, but I prefer to have clothes over jewelry. So there are only a few pieces in my jewelry box that are really important to me.

Engagement and Wedding Rings
John proposed on November 13, 2005, more about that in this post -the day after the LSU/Bama game- that's how I always remember the anniversary of our engagement!

We did a little bit of looking together but ultimately he picked this ring out himself and it was more than I had ever hoped for, I love it so much. A round center diamond, 2 marquis diamonds on each side, and 1 baguette on each side.

We planned to use his paternal grandparents wedding rings (both deceased) but his parents couldn't find his grandmothers ring. So John has his grandfathers ring and he then had my wedding ring made to look exactly like his grandmothers. (had to crop out my burned & blistered fingers from making Jack's first baby food-hazards of trying to do the best thing!)


Diamond Necklace
After my parents divorced, my mom had her diamond engagement ring made into a necklace for me and gave it to me on my 21st birthday. I reminds me of my mom and how selfless she is, instead of selling the diamond like she could have done, she had something special made for me.


And then there's my "push" present for bringing little Jack Jack into the world. The least valuable monetarily but perhaps the most valuable sentimentally. John wanted to do something for me on this occasion and we tossed around the idea of different types of jewelry but ultimately I wanted something that was specific to Jack and would remind me or anyone who saw it of him. A pearl, a baby feet medallion, and a medallion with jack's name. I immediately wanted to put this on in the hospital after we got Jack, it truly did and still does mean so much to me. I wore it pretty much every day for several months!








2 comments:

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Such good stories! That's sweet about your wedding bands; I never knew that! And the necklace from your mom too! I'm still due my push present for Cole :)

Carla said...

I think I'm due THREE push presents!!! And when I had H, we spent our anniversary in the hospital.... If I had a blog, I'd definitely be linking up with you today, especially since I'm a little obsessed with wedding bling right now :-) Unfortunately, all the other jewelry I had that was special to me was stolen when our house was burglarized in 1999.