Tuesday, May 10, 2011


25 weeks - April 22nd

27 weeks (and a couple days) May 8
I'm officially in the third trimester now and it seems like time is going by way too fast.  But at the same time, we're so ready for August to be here.  Things are getting exciting now, with several upcoming baby showers and getting the nursery ready.

I always enjoyed reading my friend Amy's  pregnancy updates, so I'm copying her format and adding in my answers....
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: around 3 pounds? we have another ultrasound on Thursday and they'll tell us then.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +15lbs.
Maternity Clothes:  yes, and I'm already tired of them!  still have some empire waist normal shirts and dresses that I'm wearing.
Gender: Boy!
Movement:  Whenever I sit down, right after I've eaten, and always at night.
What I miss:  Margaritas!, late nights out with John, coke zero, running (I still run 2 or 3 times a week but it's not the same!), my clothes, and football season...  oh wait, that has nothing to do with being pregnant.
Sleep: bathroom breaks several times a night, trying to stay comfortable sleeping on my side with the Snoogle, dreams about delivery
Symptoms:  get tired more easily, absentmindedness
Cravings: fruit, smoothies, ice cream
Best moment this week:  taking maternity pictures on Saturday
What I am looking forward to: decorating Jack's room


Easter Sunday - April 24


Once I graduated from seminary and started working full time for a church, Easter became a work day and no longer a weekend to go home and be with family.  This year, we were thankful that our friends the Wallaces invited us (and several other families) over for lunch and to join their Easter celebration.  We had a great time eating, talking, and watching these crazy kids hunt Easter eggs....

No comments: