Saturday, February 26, 2011

17 weeks and a trip to Tuscaloosa

As hard as it is for us to believe, our little bubbykins is graduating from high school in May.  He's decided to go to Alabama in the fall and had his first official campus visit on Monday (he was supposed to go in November but something came up and then again in January but mom was completely immobile then).  Since mom is still having a hard time getting around, I wanted to be there for Michael, and because I love Ttown, I drove over to join them for the visit.

Sunday night, we had dinner at The Cypress Inn which overlooks the Black Warrior River.  This Tuscaloosa staple is one that we thought Michael needed to know about.  

All day Monday was University Day.  We found Big Al and I forced Michael to take a picture with me:)   And then, while getting a name tag, I was mistaken for an entering freshman.  I'll take it.


Bubs is very excited about going to Bama in the fall and we're all excited for him.  He's going to have the time of his life!  RTR.

I also had to take this opportunity to shop for Jack's first football season!  He needs to be prepared.
Our friends the Wallaces have already given him socks and a sippy cup...

and our friends the Pennys gave him a hospital cap...


I really wanted a Mark Ingram jersey for him, but since they don't make them that small I settled for these super cute choices...

Can't wait to actually get him in these!



And the update on me at 17 weeks...still not much there.

No comments: